Thursday, August 18 - Sunday, August 21 | Sherrodsville, OH
About Away Dance Camp (ADC)
Buck Out Cleveland has partnered with The MVMT Foundation to provide an in-depth training opportunity for aspiring dance professionals; youth, teens, and adults alike. Away Dance Camp (ADC) is a camp structured dance training experience, where Dance Campers ages 9+ (including adults) will receive transportation, meals, and lodging at the Eastern Ohio Sports Complex. There, Dance Campers will participate in 4-days (2-day options available for adults) of technical and nontechnical developmental sessions, immersed in HBCU Dance culture and guidance directly from dance industry professionals.
An All Inclusive Experience
Camp Passes include:
- Pick-up from assigned pick-up location in Cleveland, OH and Chicago, IL and transportation to the Eastern Ohio Sports Complex via charter bus (exclusively for those purchasing the 4-Day Pass option)
- Camp t-shirt
- Hot meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Bed assignment in air conditioned dormitory facility
- Participation in HBCU Dance and band auxiliary focused workshops led by confirmed Camp Facilitators (exclusively for those purchasing the 4-Day Pass option)
- Participation in genre specific dance workshops, such as Jazz, Hip-Hop, and Heels (Heels for ages 17+), led by confirmed Camp Facilitators
- Participation in character development workshop led by dance professionals
- Participation in End-of-Camp Performance Presentation on Sunday, August 21st (for participants returning to Cleveland, OH and Chicago, IL)
Brianni Bankston is a highly experienced HBCU Dancer who not only danced multiple years as a Sensational Stingette at Alabama State University, but she also served as captain for the 2021-2022 season.
Amber Johnson comes to us all the way from THEE Jackson State University, and was THEE 2021-2022 Captain of THEE Prancing J-Settes. Focusing on Stand Performance, there's no doubt that she'll BUCK the camp down!
From HBCU Dance, to NBA Entertainment (both as a performer & a choreographer), to dance program development, LaChanee Davis has a lot of gems to drop!
Jaye Reed is a Creative Director, Choreographer, Videographer, Performance Extrodinar! Register to learn directly from THEE GOAT!
Kyla Fajardo is an international professional dancer and choreographer. With a background in Contemporary and Ballet, Kyla’s Camp Session will aim to help Dance Campers embrace their dance technique. Heels performance is about strong lines, fluidity, and confident execution. We could not have secured a better Camp Facilitator to instill just that.
Nicole Kirkland is your favorite choreographer’s favorite choreographer and creative director! Her credits and collaborations include, but aren’t limited to Prince, Chris Brown, and Saweetie. Nicole is going to instill in each participant the importance of versatility, showmanship, and professionalism.
Stay tuned for more information regarding Camp Sessions.
The following items are considered highly recommended for the ADC experience:
- Flexible, athletic clothing: t-shirts, sports bra, leggings, briefs, spanks, tights (consider clothing that presents your best self)
- Various shoes suitable for dance: flexible sole tennis-shoes, jazz shoes/sneakers, and dance heels (heels participants should consider knee pads)
- Hygiene items: wash cloths, towels, body/face soap, feminine products, deodorant, hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray
- Element protection: sunscreen, insect repellent, baseball cap
- Prescribed and over-the-counter medication
- Sleeping attire and bedding: twin size sheets, covers, and/or blankets, pillows and pillowcases, pajamas, head scarfs/bonnets (not to be worn during Camp Sessions)
- Charging cords for electronic devices
- Optional items
- Petty cash
- Flag and flag pole
- Face masks / COVID kit
The following is the process to complete registration for ADC 2022:
- Click below and visit the camp’s registration page.
- Read through the options for the 2-Day and 4-Day Passes and purchase the preferred pass for $50. 2-Day Passes are primarily for Dance Campers ages 18 & older.
- Create your Member Account through Dance Studio Pro to provide the remaining balance for your purchased pass.
Sponsor ADC 2022
Please consider taking advantage of the unique opportunity to partner with Buck Out Cleveland and the MVMT Foundation to bring the inaugural Away Dance Camp experience to over 125 aspiring dance professionals.